2013-2014 Recipe Contest Submission by Hannah Utley
**Make sure to choose a pot that will allow your meat to be fully submerged in the liquid**
- Venison hind or shoulder
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken/Beef/Venison Stock
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 C plus 1 T Brown Sugar
- 2 T Molasses
- 2 t Cumin
- 2 t Chili Powder
- 2 t Coriander
- 2 t Garlic Powder
- 2 t Onion Powder
- 1/2 t Cayenne
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire
- 1/2 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 inch Tomato Paste (about 1 t)
- 5-8 dashes Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper the venison
- Heat 1 T olive oil in a pot or dutch oven. Sear the venison on both sides until browned. Remove the meat.
- Add the stock and scrape the pan. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, Worcestershire, spices, tomatoes, paste and hot sauce.
- Add the meat back into the pot. Be sure that the liquid completely covers the meat. If it does not try a smaller pot or make 1.5 times the recipe.
- Cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer for 2 – 2.5 hours until the meat falls apart when pulled with two forks.
- Remove the meat and shred.
- Increase the heat and lightly boil the sauce until thickened to a sauce consistency. Add the meat back into the pot and heat through.
Call your friends and family and ENJOY!!!