If you own a Jeep then you probably are the type of person who goes camping and outdoor adventures on a regular basis. Although most Jeeps already has a lot of amazing features built in there are multiple different accessories that can make camping more convenient and luxurious. Not all of these options are for everyone but out of all of these things, there are more than likely one or two products that can meet your needs and help improve your camping experience. A lot of these things are also ideal for a one day trip to the river or the beach to either make the day more relaxing or just to have some cool gadgets to show off to your friends and family.
Together with our friends from jeepequipment.com we selected 6 best camping mods for your Jeep Wrangler. Let’s take a look.
1. Smittybilt Tailgate Table
The Smitty Tailgate table is the perfect add on for any camping trip or tailgate party. This table is very compact but it can hold up to 40lbs of weight making it a great accessory for holding coolers, food, and working on small projects. It is also very versatile and can be mounted in multiple different ways to suit your needs. The table is easy to pull out and put away for a very quick set up or tear down.
- Built-in cup holders
- Heavy duty spring loaded pull pin for locking in place
- Fits 2007-2018 Wrangler JK models
- Compact. Dimensions: 27x15x2 Inches, 7 Lbs
2. ARB 37 Quart Fridge Freezer
The ARB 37 Quart Fridge Freezer is a great little cooler for drinks and other small food items. When camping you don’t have the convenience of keeping food cold but with this product that plugs directly into your jeep, you can keep all of your drinks and food cold even in hot weather. It’s deep structure also allows space for storing bottled drinks upright for more space and accessibility. This is a nice option when you do not have access to ice or are on an extended camping trip where ice will not last the whole trip without melting.
- Offers 100% CFC free-low amp draw
- Ice free operation
- Solar panel and generator compatible
- Deep storage with a 37 Quart capacity
- Fully removable lid
- Ventilation grilles
- Forward facing thermostat control
- Low power consumption: 0.7 to 2.3 amp Hr
- Corrosion resistant
- An integrated battery protection system
- Can hold 50 12oz Cans
3. Mean Mother Air Compressor 8,800 CU
The Mean Mother Air Compressor has many different purposes. Not only can it be used for your car tires in case of low tire pressure from traveling, but it can also be used on bikes, river rafts, and even air mattresses. It has a long reach plug for the purpose of one-time installation so you can keep it installed in your vehicle and never have to take it out or move it. This product can provide airflow for 45 minutes straight at 100 PSI which makes it perfect for filling the tires on your Jeep Wrangler.
- Power 0.73 HP compressor motor
- 160L-per-minute free air delivery
- 2.4m battery terminal leads
- 45-Minute Duty Cycle
- Allows permanent mounting
- Offers 150 PSI of compression
- Perfect for any 1987-2018 Jeep Wrangler
4. Rugged Ridge Storage Bag
The Rugged Ridge Storage Bag is made for anyone who wants a more organized storage area for their belongings either in the trunk or backseat of their vehicle. This is great for camping because it is very spacious and can be filled up with everything you need for your trip and then easily pulled out and carried to your campsite. Although this can be used for any vehicle, the dimensions of it fit perfectly in the trunk or backseat space of a Jeep. The bag comes with a removable divider which gives you the option to choose between one larger storage space or 4 smaller storage spaces.
- Behind the Rear Seat of Any Jeep
- Heavy Duty Vinyl
- Black Plastic
- Removable Cargo Storage and Organizing
- Zipper Top Keeps Contents in Place Under All Driving Conditions
- Includes a Shoulder Strap for Carrying
- Comes with Removable Cargo Dividers
- 5 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- 2 Compartments, 1 Main Compartment and 1 Map Pocket with Snap Closure
- Cargo Dividers
- Slots in Behind Rear Seat; No Attachment
5. Jammock Black 2.0 Jeep Hammock
The Jammock Black 2.0 is a more versatile Jeep bikini top that is multi-functional. On top of performing all of the same duties a regular bikini top does, it also can be used for lounging or extra seating. The Jammock can hold up 350 pounds of weight without giving in or breaking if it is used properly. This product was made to hold weight and it is extremely durable compared to an average topper.
- Useable Size: 47 in. L X 24 in. W
- Fabric: 1000D cordura nylon, 9.8 oz. Per Sq. Yd.
- Total length (straps included): 10 Ft. 4 in.
- Thread: #90 heavy-duty
- Straps: tubular nylon webbing, 1 in. Wide
- Performs all of the functions of a regular topper and more.
6. Smittybilt Overlander Roof Tent
The Smittyilt Overlander Roof Tent is the Jeep owners camping dream. Now you can take your campsite on the go and no need to worry about that strenuous time-consuming camp set up. This is a large easy pop-up tent that sets up in minutes and includes its own ladder for easier setup and access to the tent without the need of purchasing an additional ladder or step to get to the entrance. The tent can also plug directly into your vehicle allowing you access to power up electronic devices through the tents USB and outlet plugins.
- Roof Tent
- Polyester, stainless steel, and anodized aluminum
- LED strip interior light
- 661 lb. Load capacity
- 95″ Wide x 56″ Long x 51″ High
- Coyote tan color
- A one-man operation for full expansion
- 1-Year warranty
- Easy installation
- Fits 1987-2019 Jeep Wrangler YJ, TJ, JK and JL