The Wait is Over!
Ultra-sensitive NEW St. Croix Legend® Xtreme rods available RIGHT NOW
Park Falls, WI (March 6, 2020) – Designed and handcrafted for extreme sensitivity in Park Falls, USA, the NEW Legend® Xtreme blends St. Croix’s reengineered SCV carbon and proprietary technologies with Daiwa AGSTM carbon fiber guide frames with SiC rings and an all-new Gen2 Xtreme-Skin handle. The series includes seven rods — four new casting models and three new spinning models – all of which are available for purchase online and at participating St. Croix dealers RIGHT NOW.
Legendary Materials Combine with Xtreme Attention to Craftsmanship and Detail
The reengineered SCV carbon found in the new Legend Xtreme is an example of St. Croix’s constant drive to obtain the unimaginable – proven Xtreme durability with proven, unprecedented sensitivity – so anglers can fish without compromise. Engineered as a result of a new proprietary manufacturing processes, the new Legend Xtreme employs a resin that significantly increases strength in compression during the hookset, as well as flexural strength when the rod is under load. The new SCV carbon construction also incorporates an improved, overlaid ART (Advanced Reinforcing Technology) to yield the highest levels of carbon fiber density found on any fishing rod on earth. Simply put, the new Legend Xtreme offers an unquestionably pure and dense carbon, to transmit the slightest vibration through a carbon fiber guide train and proprietary handle, all while achieving a tensile strength never attained in any previous St. Croix fishing rod.
NEW Legend Xtreme Casting Models
- XFS68MXF 6’8” medium power, extra-fast action
- XFS610MLXF 6’10” medium-light power, extra-fast action
- XFS70MF 7’ medium power, fast action
NEW Legend Xtreme Spinning Models
- XFC70MF 7’ medium power, fast action
- XFC70MHF 7’ medium-heavy power, fast action
- XFC71MHXF 7’1” medium-heavy power, extra-fast action
- XFC74HF 7’4” heavy power, fast action
NEW Legend Xtreme Features
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC™) mandrel technology
- New and improved Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™)
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Super high-modulus SCVI carbon with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight
- Reengineered high-modulus/high-strain SCV carbon with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity
- Daiwa AGSTM carbon fiber guides with SiC rings and Fuji® KG tip top with Torzite ring
- Fuji® SK2™ split reel seat for the ultimate in light weight and sensitivity
- 2nd Generation Xtreme-Skin™ handle provides unparalleled control
- Kigan titanium hook-keeper
- Machined wind check, handle trim pieces and butt cap
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow sure finish
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, USA
Retail price $630-$650
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for over 70 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls and Fresnillo, Mexico. With popular trademarked series such as Legend®, Legend Xtreme®, Avid®, Premier®, Tidemaster®, Imperial®, Triumph® and Mojo, St. Croix is revered by all types of anglers from around the world.