St. Croix Introduces New Avid X
Freshwater Spinning Rod
Versatile new spinning model brings popular 70MXF 1-piece performance to the feature-rich, made-in-the-USA Avid X lineup
Park Falls, WI (June 13, 2018) – The heart of St. Croix’s Avid X Series is its stellar SCIII graphite blank with IPC mandrel technology. Its soul banks on the advanced micro-guide platform and efficiently comfortable handle design. Together they create unrivaled performance and value in a USA-crafted rod.
The angler-favorite Avid X family of freshwater spinning rods grows to ten models for 2018, with the introduction of the new AXS70MXF. The seven-foot, medium power, extra-fast action, one-piece model is rated for 6-12 lb. line, and is expected to become a new all-around favorite among bass and walleye anglers.
Light and responsive, the AXS70MXF’s extra fast action delivers extreme sensitivity and fast access to the rod’s power on the hookset, making it an ideal choice for worm, jig, and dropshot applications.
“This new Avid X freshwater spinning model bridges a gap in the previous series lineup,” says St. Croix Director of Marketing and avid angler, Jesse Simpkins. “The performance of this medium power, extra-fast action architecture has proven to hit the sweet spot for countless anglers in our other rod series, so delivering it as an option in the feature-rich, made-in-the-USA Avid X lineup just makes sense. The result is a versatile rod that excels in a variety of techniques and applications. Given its combination of performance, value and features, it clearly has the potential to become one of our best-selling models.”
St. Croix Avid X Freshwater Spinning Rods
- AXS66MLF / 6’6”, Medium-Light Power, Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS66MF / 6’6”, Medium Power, Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS68MXF / 6’8”, Medium Power, Extra-Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS69MLXF / 6’9”, Medium-Light Power, Extra-Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS70MLF / 7’0”, Medium-Light Power, Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS70MLF2 / 7’0”, Medium-Light Power, Fast Action, 2 Pc.
- AXS70MF / 7’0”, Medium Power, Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS70MF2 / 7’0”, Medium Power, Fast Action, 2 Pc.
- NEW AXS70MXF / 7’0”, Medium Power, Extra-Fast Action, 1 Pc.
- AXS70MHF / 7’0”, Medium-Heavy Power, Fast Action, 1 Pc.
St. Croix Avid X Freshwater Spinning Rod Features
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology.
- Premium, high-modulus SCIII graphite.
- Slim-profile ferrules.
- Kigan Z micro-guides with slim, strong aluminum-oxide rings and gunsmoke frames.
- Fuji® VSS (spinning) reel seat with gunsmoke hood and twist-lock foregrip.
- Split-grip/select-grade cork handle.
- Kigan hook-keeper.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- Incredibly light, super sensitive and durable.
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
The versatile new Avid X AXS70MXF Freshwater Spinning Rod is available now through established St. Croix retailers at a retail price of $220. Learn more at stcroixrods.com.
About St. Croix Rod
Now in its 70th year, Park Falls, Wisconsin based St. Croix Rod remains a family-owned and managed manufacturer of high-performance fishing rods with a heritage of USA manufacturing. Utilizing proprietary technologies, St. Croix controls every step of the rod-making process, from conception and design to manufacturing and inspection, in two company-owned facilities. The company offers a complete line of premium, American-made fly, spinning and casting rods under their Legend Elite®, Legend® Xtreme, Legend Tournament®, Avid Series®, Premier®, Wild River®, Tidemaster®, Imperial® and other trademarks through a global distribution network of full-service fishing tackle dealers. The company’s mid-priced Triumph®, Mojo Bass/Musky/Inshore/Surf, Eyecon® and Rio Santo series rods are designed and engineered in Park Falls, Wisconsin and built in a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Fresnillo, Mexico. Founded in 1948 to manufacture jointed bamboo fishing poles for a Minneapolis hardware store chain, St. Croix has grown to become the largest manufacturer of fishing rods in North America.