Protect Your Hearing: How to Insert Your Foam Earplugs Correctly
Follow these simple steps to achieve a proper fit and maximum protection with foam earplugs
WESTWOOD, Mass. (August 16, 2019) – When fitted and worn properly, single-use foam earplugs provide some of the best protection against noise-induced hearing loss. Unfortunately, many shooting enthusiasts don’t follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the packaging, and fail to insert foam earplugs correctly. An improper fit compromises protection and can lead to hearing loss.
Honeywell Howard Leight™ provides shooting sports enthusiasts with several popular single-use earplug designs, including the 33-NRR Super Leight Plug, the 30-NRR Leight™ Plug, and the 30-NRR Super Leight Women’s Plug. These affordable bell- and T-shaped soft foam plugs are carefully engineered and constructed to deliver comfortable protection at the range or in the field.
Steps for Proper Insertion
- Choose the model that’s right for you. Full-size Honeywell Howard Leight Super Leight models are designed for adults with average-to-larger ear canals, while Leight Plugs and Women’s Super Leight Plugs are designed for people with smaller ear canals.
- With clean hands, roll the entire earplug into the narrowest possible crease-free cylinder.
- Reach over your head with a free hand, pull your ear up and back, and insert the earplug well inside your ear canal.
- Hold for 30-40 seconds until the earplug fully expands in your ear canal.
- When properly fitted, the end of the earplugs should not be visible to someone looking at you from the front. If either or both earplugs do not seem to be fitted properly, remove the earplug(s) and re-insert.
- In a noisy environment, with earplugs inserted, cup your hands over your ears and release. Covering your ears with your hands should not result in a significant noise difference.
Gently twist earplug while slowly pulling in an outward motion for removal.
- Regardless of the manufacturer or model, always read and follow fitting instructions on the packaging.
- Inspect earplugs prior to wear for dirt, damage or hardness. Discard immediately if compromised.
- For proper hygiene, discard single-use earplugs after use.
ABOUT HOWARD LEIGHT BY HONEYWELL
Howard Leight safety products empower individuals and families across the globe to enjoy more and worry less. Our industry leading hearing and eye protection help people more safely enjoy the events and activities they love. Our broad selection of comfortable and stylish protective eyewear delivers safety without compromise. Building on over 30 years of innovation, we’re continually developing new designs, materials and technologies to enhance comfort and protection for industry trade professionals, recreational and competitive shooters, DIY homeowners, and all fans of live music and sporting events. Whatever your passion, trust Howard Leight to block out the noise so you can listen to what’s important, while staying safely focused on the big moments that matter. Learn more athowardleightshootingsports.com.